So it’s occurred to me that I do a lot of research for historical based posts (some of which you’ve yet to see). Then I thought that I might share that research with you; so you can see what I’ve found out when researching the topic. Many of the things I find out I then end up glossing over, or changing, in my posts and so this is a way to find the real facts behind the history.
This particular research was done when I was looking at privateers or pirates for a post. In the end I focused in on Sir Francis Drake who was a privateer during the second half of the 16th century during the reign of Elizabeth I.
- Date of birth: around 1540
- Place of birth: Tavistock, Devon
- Date of death: 28th January 1596
- Place of death: Off the coast of Puerto Bello, Panama
- Cause of death: Dysentery
- Burial: Buried at sea